Contact Us


The museum is located at 124 E. Commerce Rd in Milford. It may be visited May through November on Wednesdays and Saturdays from
1:00 to 4:00 pm


See map to MHS locations



This 1853 Greek revival structure which houses the Milford Historical Society Museum was built by local cabinet maker John Wood. Through the years it served as home to Edwin Hubbell, a local merchant, and later his son, Frank “Trader” Hubbell. Dr. Weisbrod also had his home and office located here. Much local activity centered on this building when it contained the offices for Milford Village, Milford Township and the Police Department.



The upper floor of the museum is furnished as a home of the late Victorian era might have been. Many of the furnishings are items that were manufactured in Milford.



The formal parlor and dining room depict the more gracious aspects of life. The kitchen, with its period gadgets, and the bedroom, with its rope bed, straw tick, and “thunder-mug” remind visitors of the more primitive conditions of the era. A toy room delights children of all ages.


The Log Cabin Exhibit

The latchstring is always out at this depiction of the Job G. Bigelow cabin built in the south end of Milford Township in 1833. The rough structure required constant chinking and the fireplace was the only source of heat. Still Mrs. Bigelow managed to start the first school for area children in her home. The cabin brings to life Milford’s pioneer days of hard work and hope.



The plaque outside the museum entrance talls the story of the house that is now the Milford Historical Society Museum. For a larger view of the plaque, click here.